D1 camlock

I bet you have a DIN 55027. Does it have a bayonet that you close then tighten the 4 nuts? That's the same as what I have and when I first saw it, I thought it was camlock.

The pins dia. measure .765 they look just like the pins in post #11 except there is 4 of them and are threaded for nuts, the lathe is a 13x40 Bolton. No bayonet but a knurled ring that twists to catch the nuts on the pins. I would like to know what it is so I could get a faceplate for the 4 jaw.

a knurled ring that twists to catch the nuts on the pins. I would like to know what it is so I could get a faceplate for the 4 jaw.

Those spindles are usually found on mini lathes & older import lathes. Unfortunately you may have a very hard time finding a backplate for it. I've never seen one for sale anywhere. People end up making their own.

Off the top of my head, Stefan's old lathe had this type of spindle. The old version PM1127 had it too.

I bet you have a DIN 55027. Does it have a bayonet that you close then tighten the 4 nuts? That's the same as what I have and when I first saw it, I thought it was camlock.
I googled that number, that's it "Thanks" do you know of a company that sells them

Toolmex
and Rohm do.
Looks like Bison also

I know Bison makes em but do you know anyone that actually carries them in stock & sells em? I had the same trouble when I searched for them. Well that was like 10 yrs ago & I don't want to be that guy who sounds negative. I suppose any distributor for those brands should be able to order them. Hope the OP is able to find one.

I feel like an idiot now after googling that number, Bayonet wasn't what I thought it was LOL. Looks like I'll be making it myself, Bison want's to sell me another chuck to go with it for 800 plus.

Back