MON Dads Monarch 10EE - what should I do?

Even in this condition it is worth the $1500 others are saying. This is the holy grail of small lathes. Just go on Ebay and look at what they are bringing after restoring! I did not see the DC motor but the trend now is to rework with a VFD and inverter rated 3 phase motor. (I have a 1942 that I'm restoring)
Good luck with the project!

$1500 seems reasonable to me as well. It looks like the spindle motor is missing, so it's very much a project.

I can see a steady rest peeking out from the photo of the collets. The steady rest and the collet nose are each worth over $200 a piece.

The motor unit looks to be out of it , even so your $1,500 is not much for all that's there. I wouldn't let anyone low ball you. Your more then fair on that holy grail lathe. They are prized possession of machinist . Your father had a good eye for lathes. If you gift it I hope they repair and use the lathe. Not just scrap it or part it out.
Very sorry to hear you dad past , mines been gone twenty years about and I sure miss him.I'm in Jersey if I had any money I'd buy it but SS sucks and they pave the road to death . No chance for me ever to get one .

Last edited:
Back