Dake 14-10 Vertical Bandsaw

dxxd

Registered
Registered
I'm looking for opinions on the Dake-Parma metal-sawing-only Model 14-10 14" vertical bandsaw (made in USA) based upon your first-hand experience or upon what you have heard "thru the grapevine". I have searched extensively on many forums and other Google places and have found nothing except vendors selling them, each with zero reviews on the saw. This bandsaw will be used for a small one-off model shop. I am aware of opinions/reviews on almost all other vertical metal-sawing bandsaws, priced from $ to $$$$, (and on horizontal bandsaws as well, in none of which I have current interest) but none on this Dake. Unless convinced otherwise, this is currently my first choice for purchase given my space constraints.

I'm looking for opinions on the Dake-Parma metal-sawing-only Model 14-10 14" vertical bandsaw (made in USA) based upon your first-hand experience or upon what you have heard "thru the grapevine". I have searched extensively on many forums and other Google places and have found nothing except vendors selling them, each with zero reviews on the saw. This bandsaw will be used for a small one-off model shop. I am aware of opinions/reviews on almost all other vertical metal-sawing bandsaws, priced from $ to $$$$, (and on horizontal bandsaws as well, in none of which I have current interest) but none on this Dake. Unless convinced otherwise, this is currently my first choice for purchase given my space constraints.
Look at one of these very carefully first:
http://www.rollinsaw.com/band_saws/TF1420_vertical_tilt-frame_bandsaw.htm
Edit: Oops, forgot about the space constraints.

Last edited:
Thanks, but too large a footprint and too expensive (13K)!

Back