Damn, almost a whole day

In my working life I must have made two dozen of them for the Maintenance department. I thought about going commercial on them but could'nt rationalize using the company's machines.

And almost a day to clean, oil the machines, and put all of the tools, and miscellaneous crap that got dragged out. :grin: The 1/2" plate is still on the horses:rolleyes:

A half a day to make and a minute to use.

The two dealerships I worked at (VW and Nissan) were horrible about having the special tools for jobs. Either the tool was missing or they never had it. And the flat rate was based on you using the proper tool. Then when I went to packing equipment they expected precision work with stone knives and bear claws. No manual, no specs, no special jigs and everything had to be perfectly in time with each other or it couldn't be calibrated properly. And it all weighed 100's of lbs. There was always hurry up and wait so I got into the habit of making the special jigs and fixtures during those lapses. Those hours spent made life so much easier, and safer.

Back