Dan Gelbart shop tour

francist

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
For any followers, Dan Gelbart just released a new shop tour video highlighting his oh-so-cool ultra precision machines. Check it out if you like that sort of stuff…

-frank

He is absolutely amazing and I have watched all of his content, his videos aren't up to his standards though. Two of the comments sum it up better than I can.

MutinyEvo

1 day ago
This guy is a genius but I love how he shows so much insanely accurate machinery with 480p video with absolutely borked audio.

Jason Ruch

1 day ago
Well the 480p used to cost hundreds of dollars but now you can get it on Ebay for 10 dollars.

The spinning wireless camera!! We need this!!
His other genius method is a small laser mounted to the spindle in the same way. It's actually more versatile as you can use it for tramming, edge finding, center finding and all sorts. I've made one, it's great!

small laser mounted to the spindle

Lo-Fi, I'd really like to see how you did that. When I've played with this, the laser spot is fairly large and kind of hard for me to focus on. I have not been completely happy with the laser finder on my miter saw, for example. Would love to know how this worked for you.

One thing I missed seeing was the ultra-precision lathe he'd built using granite surface plates. I wonder if he has another shop somewhere, and the lathe is located there???

I thought I saw the tail end of it when he was standing near the brake, at least that’s what i thought it was. It was on the opposite side of the machine island from where he was standing.

Back