Darex E-90

Mike8623

Registered
Registered
Just got a used Darex e-90 and cleaned it all up, looks to be in pretty good shape but have a few questions on it and its use.
1. Does anyone here use one to or will it sharpen drill bits?

2. Mine doesn't have a wheel dresser, does anyone have one or know where to get one?

3. I got a pdf file on line for a manual but does anyone have a sheet that tell what the part names are that are numbered on the exploded drawing of the pdf file?

I'm looking forward to getting some of dull end mills sharpened.

Thanks in advance to those that reply. Up in Montana with about 18 inches of snow out my door, but the only place in the world to be for me.

Last edited:
Can you post some pictures of what you got there? As well as any accessories or loose stuff with the sharpener?

If this is the end mill sharpener, it probably will not sharpen drills, but without pictures of what you have there, can't help you much.

Ken

I'll try to get a picture up today, but it is the common Darex E-90 end mill sharpener with no accessories. I Believe they came with a wheel dresser and I would like to find one of those or hear from others that have these machines and how they dress their wheels. It would seem tney also would sharpen drill bits but I don't know.............need a little help here or someone that may have some accessories or parts for these laying around that they no use for anymore. I have copied the pdf manual from their website but they show a numbered exploded view but no page that identifies what the numbered parts are named...........surely there must be one there, I have looked and can't find one. Anyone know of a site it or have one??

Here's a pic.

grinder.png

I have one, no you can not sharpen the ends of drills with them, though I guess you could grind the flutes of one if you so needed. Mine has the dressing attachment, but Ive never used it. I have a cbn wheel for it so no real need. The wheel type is a 11v9 5", if I was you I would find one.
As far as a manual, I have the same downloaded one you do, but look on youtube, someone uploaded a bunch of videos from Darex on it and that really helped.
BTW start with larger endmills such as 5/8 to learn so you can see what your doing. I never could get a good grind on anything smaller than 5/16 either so don't waste your time. Youll enjoy it, the mills I sharpen are better than new, plus I was able to grind a few custom sizes for special projects.
One last tip, arrange everything by size and shank diameter. Then grind all of them on the flutes, then re setup the machine and regrind all the ends.

Back