dauber

shovel80

Active User
Registered
Has anyone got a photo, and or dimentions of the dauber that goes into the reservoir hole in the tailstock in a Logan Lathe?
For some reason, I feel a need to make one of those...;-)

Terry

I can get pics later, but why on earth would you do this? Do you have lead you need to use as a lubricant on dead centers?

No Yugami, I don't have lead, just thought it would be cool to have one of those in the hole it was made for...and something to make...
Just me being me.....

Terry:LOL:

The dauber was missing from mine when I got it, and the hole was full of OLD swarf, which drove me absolutely nuts. I cleaned out the hole and placed a removable brass plug in it. It looks nice, but serves no purpose whatsoever other than to keep swarf out of the dauber hole.

2013-09-28 13.51.38.jpg

The original daubers had a round knob at the top and were narrow at the bottom, with a slot cut in to hold some of the white lead lube. Since I don't have a photo of one, and am not allowed to post a link to someone else's photo, try searching the images section of Google for "logan lathe tailstock dauber" and take a look at the photos you see there.

2013-09-28 13.51.38.jpg

Back