Day-Land automobile steam engine

jjtjr

Registered
Registered
Just purchased A Day-Land steam engine casting set. From what I found, it was an old casting from about 30 years ago. It was never machined. Also have the detailed drawings. There are on 5 24" by 36"
sheets. Whats the best sequence for the build? Here is a photo of my last project. Purchased this 1901 Locomobile as a basket case it took 4 years to complete. I completely rebuilt the engine and made many parts.
I take it to car shows here in New Jersey and also Cabin Fever Expo. in York, Pa.IMG_130.jpg

IMG_130.jpg

Great looking car. Is it street legal and do you drive it?

Benny

really nice car I'd like to see build pics if you have them
are the plans for the steam engine going to be available I'd love to build a big engine
steve

I have the drawings for the engine . Here you go, You can download them and go to staples they can copy them to 24" by 36" paper which I just did. The cost for 5 drawings was $ 18.00

Attachments

• DayLandSheet1.PDF
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • DayLandSheet2.PDF
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • DayLandSheet3.PDF
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • DayLandSheet4.PDF
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • DayLandSheet5.PDF
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
Yes its street legal and I do drive it. The range is 10 miles before you need water, The max speed is 40 mph but 25 mph feels better. Working on a larger water tank which will give me 21 mile range.

There is a guy in Delaware that is making castings. His name is David F you can look him up on the web.

thank you very much
that was very nice of you to share the prints
if i can ever help you just ask
any idea what pressure it should operate at?
steve

The safety is set to open at 250 psi and the burner shuts down at 245 psi. You need this pressure to be able to drive the car. The boiler is steel and will handle pressure to about 500 psi and is hydro tested to over 1200 psi.

ps My position on sharing info is like the Three Musketeers " one for all and all for one" Sharing this info will keep the active going after were gone.

Last edited:
Back