Dayshift after 35 years of NS .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Turning the page . After all the years of working the off shifts , I'm starting on days this week . I'll have to reset the alarm on the phone for 4am once again . I did love running the place on NS but I haven't had a weekend night off in 2 years . I miss the family time , my campfire time , my shop time . Hopefully I and my body can re-adjust . As far as this corona crap going around , stay safe . You would never think this would effect us , but this is truly very close to us now in our area . I have to work because of what I produce , but the area is being locked down everywhere . Scary $hit out there .

Enjoy your days, or rather your evenings.

Need to get some better glasses in general . :(

Was the shift change what you wanted or forced to go on days ? We have plenty of mechanics here that they had plenty of opportunities to work days but enjoy the afternoon shift better , I don't think I would mind working afternoons anymore ,I would get more done around the house

I used to work some NS, 12hrs each, 7 straight then 6 off, I hated it. I preferred 8hr days 5 days/week, week ends off.

I did 12hr/day 3-1/2 days a week for awhile. I liked it a lot. Still miss the quiet.

I wish you the best in your move to days.

First day today and of course I can't sleep tonight . :rolleyes:

Back