Deal Alert - Deal I Found On Ebay

Susan_in_SF

Wood and Metal Goddess
Registered
**Update - DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM - This Deal Was By An Ebay Scam**

Susan

Hi Guys,
Maybe some of you seasoned, experienced machinists won't want this item, but I think some of you guys would want this calculator.

Today, I bought a machinist calculator off of Ebay. The posting stated that these calculators are brand new, despite their unusually low price of $26.88 with free shipping.

I checked the same model calculator on Amazon. Amazon's lowest price for this model was $71.59, and got, overall, very good reviews. Plus, the reviews sounded to be from genuine reviewers who actually bought the items versus fake reviewers who leave generic sounding reviews.

Anyways, here's the link to the machinist calculator that I was talking about. If you want it, I suggest buying it asap since the ebay page says the calculators are almost gone.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Calculated...rentrq:7076f08f1670ac8917ecace3fffa464a|iid:1

In case my link doesn't work (I think this website cut it off since the address was really long), type, "Machinist Calc Pro 4088," in Ebay's search box.

Susan :)

Last edited:
Thanks Susan. I've thought one might be handy, but I wasn't going to pay the $90 I've seen them for. For 27 bucks, what the heck.

Thanks! I've never seen one of those before, but at that price it seems worth the shot. My current TI-89 is a bit expensive and tiny-buttoned to be using in the shop, and the DRO calculator is pretty lacking.

Susan, please post your satisfaction index when you’ve tried it out a bit. It does look a bit intimidating. :)

In my shop, I've been using an almost free calculator I purchased from the impulse rack in the grocery store many years ago. It has a lot of contact bounce but is usable. My other calculator is a HP 15C I purchased in 1983. It is in excellent condition because I never used it in the shop. I am now, with many thanks to you, looking forward to using a real shop calculator with cool machinist functions.

The free worldwide postage makes me a bit suspicious - postage out of the US to South Africa in usually horrendous, often more that the cost of the item purchased. But nothing to loose, eBay will refund it if it turns out to be a scam.

Last edited:
Well I couldn't resist - have ordered one from New Zealand, Will wait and see if it turns up or if they cancel the sale
Thanks for the heads up !

Back