[4]

Deal Alert - Deal I Found On Ebay

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Susan_in_SF

Wood and Metal Goddess
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
**Update - DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM - This Deal Was By An Ebay Scam**

Susan

Hi Guys,
Maybe some of you seasoned, experienced machinists won't want this item, but I think some of you guys would want this calculator.

Today, I bought a machinist calculator off of Ebay. The posting stated that these calculators are brand new, despite their unusually low price of $26.88 with free shipping.

I checked the same model calculator on Amazon. Amazon's lowest price for this model was $71.59, and got, overall, very good reviews. Plus, the reviews sounded to be from genuine reviewers who actually bought the items versus fake reviewers who leave generic sounding reviews.

Anyways, here's the link to the machinist calculator that I was talking about. If you want it, I suggest buying it asap since the ebay page says the calculators are almost gone.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Calculated...rentrq:7076f08f1670ac8917ecace3fffa464a|iid:1

In case my link doesn't work (I think this website cut it off since the address was really long), type, "Machinist Calc Pro 4088," in Ebay's search box.

Susan :)

Last edited:

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
The link works Susan.

81husky

Registered
Thanks Susan. I've thought one might be handy, but I wasn't going to pay the $90 I've seen them for. For 27 bucks, what the heck.

ErichKeane

Registered
Thanks! I've never seen one of those before, but at that price it seems worth the shot. My current TI-89 is a bit expensive and tiny-buttoned to be using in the shop, and the DRO calculator is pretty lacking.

Winegrower

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
Susan, please post your satisfaction index when you’ve tried it out a bit. It does look a bit intimidating. :)

Susan_in_SF

Wood and Metal Goddess

Jeff.64

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
In my shop, I've been using an almost free calculator I purchased from the impulse rack in the grocery store many years ago. It has a lot of contact bounce but is usable. My other calculator is a HP 15C I purchased in 1983. It is in excellent condition because I never used it in the shop. I am now, with many thanks to you, looking forward to using a real shop calculator with cool machinist functions.

MozamPete

The free worldwide postage makes me a bit suspicious - postage out of the US to South Africa in usually horrendous, often more that the cost of the item purchased. But nothing to loose, eBay will refund it if it turns out to be a scam.

Last edited:

Cadillac STS

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)

hmgnz

Registered
Well I couldn't resist - have ordered one from New Zealand, Will wait and see if it turns up or if they cancel the sale
Thanks for the heads up !

Moper361

Registered
Could not resist eitherI will try one to see if it turns up in my home in Thailand

ErichKeane

Registered
Yikes! I just got an email from ebay saying this was purchased from a compromised account. I'm guessing this deal isn't going through :/

From the email:
:: We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled.

Moper361

Registered
Yikes! I just got an email from ebay saying this was purchased from a compromised account. I'm guessing this deal isn't going through :/

From the email:
:: We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled.
Ha Ha just our luck will see what happens lolol

Moper361

Registered
Yes Erich I just checked my mail I have the same email from EBay .
Anyone thinking about this product yes it's to good to be true and yes the leaches on society have struck again .
Fortunately it's not a large sum however it's the process of trying to get the funds back that is a right pain in the behind .

I've just put a claim in so see what happens hmmm I won't hold my breath lol

81husky

Registered
I received the same e-mail. If it seems too good to be true.....

ErichKeane

Registered
Yes Erich I just checked my mail I have the same email from EBay .
Anyone thinking about this product yes it's to good to be true and yes the leaches on society have struck again .
Fortunately it's not a large sum however it's the process of trying to get the funds back that is a right pain in the behind .

I've just put a claim in so see what happens hmmm I won't hold my breath lol
I just did the claim as soon as I got the email (~30 mins ago), and just got an email saying it was refunded via ebay. So pretty easy process. Oh well, would have been nice to mess around with this calculator.

Susan_in_SF

Wood and Metal Goddess
I am very sorry to have shared this supposed deal with you guys. I got the same message. I feel horrible I got all of you into this.

Once again, I apologize.
Susan

ErichKeane

Registered
I am very sorry to have shared this supposed deal with you guys. I got the same message. I feel horrible I got all of you into this.

Once again, I apologize.
Susan
I appreciate the post anyway for what its worth. There was no harm from my perspective with a chance that this would be fullfilled. Thank you anyway Susan!

Susan_in_SF

Wood and Metal Goddess
I appreciate the post anyway for what its worth. There was no harm from my perspective with a chance that this would be fullfilled. Thank you anyway Susan!
Thank you Erich. Dang, even with a seller with 100% positive feedback, there is always a risk, I now see.

pontiac428

Back to the TI-89 it is, then!

[6]
[5] [7]