Deal of the Century!!!

4GSR

Forum Guest
Register Today
I picked this up from a local palm shop yesterday. Gave $70 for it. Starrett retail price some where north of $1300. Not including certs. Certs another $250-400.
Never been used, is certified, and has all of the original paper work that normally ships with a new set of gage blocks.

Now, is that a deal? or not?
20180224_091750.jpg20180224_091936.jpg20180224_091948.jpg

That the set that has the accessory package with it in drawers beneath the blocks?

You got super deal.

No, didn't get that lucky. I may go back and look again and see if an accessory kit was tucked out of view. Not too worried. I have several sets of used/worn square blocks with most of the accessories I've collected over the years that works for my needs.

At least now, If a vendor was to ask me if I have a standard to check against, I can pull this out and say, "Yes I do". Of course, I won't mentioned my other set of blocks I use for calibration.:cower:

Congratulations, that is a screaming deal. This is something I've been jones'n for while.

What makes it doubly amazing is you got it out of a pawn shop. I quit even trying pawn shops as I can't hardly figure out when they are open(the hours on the door don't seem to correspond) and they are never a "deal". It seems they know by heart what eBay wants for stuff. Good job!

congrats on that pickup. I need some pawn shops like that here. Cann't find anything but car stuff here.

Wow grade 0, perfect for 95% of any work required of them. Good for you Ken, awesome deal for sure.

Back