Debrief - rotary table abort

Yes and brand names don't mean as much as they used to- the customer has to assume the role of quality control checker now, and often "rework department chief technician" plus "prototyping engineer"
I just returned a grease gun, made in India, without even testing it because the lever had razor sharp edges- if my hand had slipped when using it I would have been layed open like a fish. It was a (formerly good) name brand too.
Mark

Last edited:
If of Chinese origin, then the OP got all he should have expected.
In most areas like this hobby machinist just can not afford the really good brand name , but we expect a decent working tool . So I agree he got a bad one , but that's not always the same with every rotary table sold. I feel lucky getting my 10" RT from enco before they went under. I chose the precision model but there coupon brought it below the cheaper model. By looking at it I'd say it's a yuasa brand.

Yes I did the same thing only to have it stolen in the FedEx distribution center in north Jersey. Only it was 9 " trokye rotary table . It traveled half way a cross the USA to be missing fifty miles or so from me . I got my money back through eBay and PayPal . It was a great buy to , half what I paid for the new enco.

Clock: If it's any consolation I too find it very hard to buy anything new these days. I'd say a good 50% of things I purchase end up going back (except beer and pizza)
That's why I just bought a 55 year old Altas 12" lathe, and I'm just pleased as punch with that old thing.
Mark

I have been a long-term believer in "old stuff". I won't drone on yet again about something called the Lindy Effect as I already have once on this forum, but it does absolutely justify products/ideas that have been in service for a long time on a service life basis. The reasons why that works out as a strong truth of the universe though I believe are entirely separate from the auguring-in of standards and selectivity on both sides of the buyer/seller relationship.

CW

Are you embarrassed to disclose the brand of the RT?

You'd be embarrassed all day/every day if you were me too. Please sir... don't use your powerful persuasion techniques to force me to spill the beans.

Of the thousands of reasons motivating why I had left it out here you might have chosen.. including me ACTUALLY writing down why above... in English... how does wondering if something embarrassed me make to the top of your list? That would be like me speculating that that someone is subtly endowed because they asked a stupid question. No cause-effect link to even go there. Look up Occam's Razor. It works.

CW

So you're trying to convince me that subtle endowment should be on the table. You win. I guess.

Clock,

Not to criticize, but I suggest that you will have better results if you get to the point of your questions a bit faster.
Guys, let's remember why we're here and cut him a little more slack. If you don't wanna read it, skip it.

Back