Decision support on an indexing rotary capability

Depending on length for the stop screw I'd use a brass rod in the hole in front of the lock screw. I'd be upset with the damage it caused but what else can be done. I guess we all need to take new items apart and upgrade the cheap cuts made.

Depending on length for the stop screw I'd use a brass rod in the hole in front of the lock screw. I'd be upset with the damage it caused but what else can be done. I guess we all need to take new items apart and upgrade the cheap cuts made.

Agreed but I cannot limit it to shop machinery. My field was the computational and semiconductor sides of electronics and design skills and effort have plummeted indescribably. IT's true there and it's true in many others (cars, appliances, book binding, etc etc etc). Design does not seem to be even a small focus of schools feeding industry and a generation or two in to making due with the progressively weaker, you have nobody to "fix" things and you get "good enough" products (joke) rather than "kicks a$$" products. A less discriminating marketplace makes it easier to get away with that.

CW

I'd loved to know what that yellow stuff is... very thick
In another forum I frequent ,I have heard this grease called "Yak fat". LOLOL.
But seriously, Clock work- I can appreciate your attempt to "make the best, most informed choice". I too, am afflicted by the same gene, or disorder, or trait or.....where is my thesaurus?.............

In another forum I frequent ,I have heard this grease called "Yak fat". LOLOL.
But seriously, Clock work- I can appreciate your attempt to "make the best, most informed choice". I too, am afflicted by the same gene, or disorder, or trait or.....where is my thesaurus?.............

Those who are about "the journey" want to stop and ponder and learn new things. I'll look for you at the Tues night meetings in the church basement:)

CW

It really amazes me to read about people buying cheap made junk at high prices and after getting them home and looking them over find all sorts of things wrong with them. Then we will debate about them for weeks. An old adage you get what you pay for
Thank you.. My existence is one long series of continuous extreme failure. If you saw Flowers for Algernon, that was basically about me, except the part in the middle where he was smart.

Still looking for input on moving that bearing.

CW you're a very classy individual. :encourage:

As part of my graduate studies in physical chemistry, I lightly touched upon quantum mechanics. So I for one would not be bohred by a joke about an uncertain cat :)

And I'd love to tell you.. but until I get thru the orientation videos on this new "rating" I now have to drag around indefinitely, I'd best hold off.

Back