Deckel Fp1 Active Control

iloft

Registered
Registered
Hi the Community,
I have purchased a Deckel FP1 universal toolroom milling machine which has a three axis active control. Unfortunately I am completely new to this technology and have to learn from scratch. I am looking for someone who can guide me through the process and help me understand the processes. I have full electrical drawings and an instruction manual for the machine and its accessories, but no information on the control. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Regards, Ian.

That is an amazing machine, I have never seen a table able to move to so many angles. Is there a name or model on the controller? Some pictures might be helpful.

Thanks Jim, it really is a great machine and I am fortunate to have it. The unit is a SACIE Digiread 8003 P Counter. The linear encoders are Heidenhain. I will take some photos tomorrow and try and post them for you.

Jim, that's amazing! I never thought to look in my own Country! It turns out that my Deckel has been retrofitted with a counter that was made locally. I have sent them an email requesting info and we'll see where that takes us. In the meantime I spoke to the local Heidenhain agents and they have plenty of experience with the Sakie controller so if all else fails I will call on them. many, Many thanks for your help, I'll let you know how I get on. Regards, Ian.

Jim, I promised to update you on progress and I am thrilled to say that I have contacted SACIE and received all of the operating instructions and a drawing that will allow me to ensure everything is connected properly. All three axis's are working fine and the control appears to respond correctly, so I am up and running. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!!

I'm happy to hear that you have things worked out. :) Now we need some pictures of that machine in action.

Back