Deckel FP1

What version of FP-1 is it, lever, dial ? My 1st guess would be "Y" table lock on the back side.

What version of FP-1 is it, lever, dial ? My 1st guess would be "Y" table lock on the back side.
Lever. I guess you are referring to the springs? I guess since there are 2 of them it makes sense. I’ll try and fit them in.

Stefan Gotteswinter on Youtube has an FP1. Try reaching out to him with questions.

Stefan Gotteswinter on Youtube has an FP1. Try reaching out to him with questions.
I'll try David but I think with 10s of 1000s of subscribers it is unlikely that he can respond to everyone. I'm sure there must be outfits in Germany that service these machines since they probably made millions of them, but I don't know who they are. If anyone knows please tell me.

I'll try David but I think with 10s of 1000s of subscribers it is unlikely that he can respond to everyone. I'm sure there must be outfits in Germany that service these machines since they probably made millions of them, but I don't know who they are. If anyone knows please tell me.
In Stefan's newest video, a very long one unfortunately, he mentions 3 or 4 places that refurbish deckel parts/machines. He does bookmark his videos and think he mentions them in his discussion of his mill toward the end of the video in bookmarked as "machine history/journey" Deckel is still in business too I believe.
Tim

I haven’t made it to the end of that latest video. I’ll check it out thanks

I finally got the FP1 working. First cuts were quite promising but after 15 -20 min it starts loading up and slowing down. I initially thought it was an issue with the motor and vfd I installed, but then when I turned the handwheel at the back there was a lot of resistance. More than I recall when assembling things. I guess something is heating up and binding, or worse running out of oil? I ran it again with the feed transmission in neutral and it didn't help, so I guess that narrows it down somewhat. Does anyone know what might be causing this? is it a known issue on deckels? I felt around to see if I could find something getting hot but no luck. Baffling.

Not a known issue. Is flood oil pump engaged if the lever model has one, mine is a dial.

It turns out that I had not oiled the vertical head. I didn’t realize it was a plain bearing. Now it seems to be running well.

Back