Deckel FP1

Hi Sblack,

Does this help ?
773635.jpg 773636.jpg

The pdf is a big file about 10Mb. I found these on line.

Attachments

• deckel fp1 aa.pdf
    9.8 MB · Views: 43
I haven't a clue any more ! I've had them for a good while, and only came across them the other day, after you said you had acquired an FP1.

Attachments

• deckel fp1 bb.pdf
    8.6 MB · Views: 41
so I have determined by looking at a German ebay add that the overarm above is for a larger machine. Probably the FP2.

I am trying to clean up the ball handles and wheels. There is a lot of surface rust. The handles all have nice big comfortable rotating cranks on them. The seem to run in a bushing that is pressed in or threaded in to the 3 ball handle or wheel. I would like to remove the cranks so that I can clean and polish them in the lathe. Does anyone know how to remove those bushings?

Very nice machine Sblack. I have the equivalent Maho offering and quite enjoy it (the MH 600 has specs nearly identical to the FP1). It is posted in the Schublin forum.

How well dressed was your machine? Are you now on the endless hunt for the additional offerings? Did you end up swapping over to 240V electrics? I left mine as a 575V machine and feed it with 240 > 600 transformer (works great and keeps the functionality of the 2 speed motors).

Good luck on getting everything sorted. David

I got the machine, a lot of poorly applied paint and not so much as a solitary collet. :frown 2: But I paid $1000 cdn for it, so I can't complain. It is 220v 3phase so I will just run a phase onverter most likely. I have drooled over the various accessories, especially the universal table. There are lots available on ebay.de if one is willing to pay €2000 and half that again in shipping.....um.....no. There was a pretty well tooled one in Canada recently that went for $4k and it had mist everything. Probably a good deal. For now my plan is to clean it up, possibly scrape where required and get a DRO on it so that it will be a good capable machine. I don't really see the need for horizontal capability. The high speed spindle would be great for small work.

Mine came with quite a few attachments, but very little tooling. Deckels are much more common than Mahos. You can get most any attachment - it will just cost a lot. The Mahos you rarely see the attachments for sale at any price. I have the #40 S20x2, taper so the tooling is available (either expensive or by waiting patiently) - and after ~3 years I was able to get the both #40 and U2 complete imperial collet sets. I have not picked up the metric collets as I don't use any metric tooling. With the small work envelop, the collets are pretty well essential.

I had the chance to pick up a second, near identical machine (a 1965 vintage) - I accepted sight unseen at $1500 and had it shipped across the country. It also came with the fixed table (like yours) vertical, horizontal and slotting heads - plus the spiral unit (which is what I was really after). I actually use the fixed table most of the time, in favor over the universal table (which came with the first MH 600). The fixed table gives slightly more head room and is enough lighter than I can safely lift it. The universal table is quite a chunk to try to lift / align. I have not done anything with the second MH 600 - other than cleaning up the table and the spiral unit (had to cut 25 change wheels and did that on the Maho - the only time I have used the horizontal set up).

I put a DRO Pro on - and it is very nice to use. A higher top speed would be nice, but a pain to be switching heads - small cutters still work fine, you just have to keep the feedrate low. The only high speed head I've seen offered was about 4 years ago (in Germany).

Enjoy that FP1.

so 4 years later (!) I got around to tearing this thing down and cleaning it up. It was painted with a brush over top all the fasteners etc. I've taken apart a few lathes and mills and thought I could do this without much problem but it turned out to be more complex than I bargained for and I don't have any drawings or parts catalogue with an exploded view. I have these parts left over and don't know where they go. Can anyone help? The 2 threaded parts look like they could be important! o_O IMG_4628.jpgIMG_4629.jpg

Last edited:
Back