Deckel SOE Drill Sharpener

ddickey

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Anyone familiar with these?

The SOE can be set up to do drill bits, lathe bits, end mills, countersinks, and a number of other things (like taps and reamers) with some minor mods or fixtures. The trick to cutting more than a single lip cutter is in your wheel selection. If the machine is complete and the price is right, it would be a useful addition to the shop.

Oh thanks for that.
There was no one there to talk to. Big place, moved all their nice machines to their other facility in Jackson Tennessee.
I was not able to power it up so that makes me think I should pass on this. It did have a cabinet that goes with it I looked quick but lost interest because I could not power it up. I only saw one collet. This thing will go. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Good price, but you can get upside down with a Deckel real quick while hunting for collets, hubs, and random small parts to get up and running with. Collets are $150 each, and wheel hubs are $300-400 each. Great machines, easy to use and versatile, but you really gotta buy the right one. Go turnkey with these machines, because they are expensive to fix up as a project

(from mobile)

The Deckel items can be a chore to find The U2 collets are easy to get: $15 - $30 each off e-bay. The one's that I have picked up on e-bay seem to be very good (U2s are also used on Maho and several other machines).

Back