Delrin Bushing Source?

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys I have a reeves drive system on my lathe and the relain bushing on middle pulley disk(?) is wore out.Does anyone know of a source for these bushing which I’m prepared to machine if needed.But don’t know a source?Thanks

Guys I have a reeves drive system on my lathe and the relain bushing on middle pulley disk(?) is wore out.Does anyone know of a source for these bushing which I’m prepared to machine if needed.But don’t know a source?Thanks

If you had the stock, is the lathe still functional to make a new?
If not, send me a sketch and I can make one up for you.

Jim

Fantastic Jim thanks for offering I have access to another lathe but skill level maybe not.But going to try if don’t work I check see if your offer is still there.Looks like at McMaster can buy 12” so enough there for me make one mistake but to expensive for me to make two mistakes

Fantastic Jim thanks for offering I have access to another lathe but skill level maybe not.But going to try if don’t work I check see if your offer is still there.Looks like at McMaster can buy 12” so enough there for me make one mistake but to expensive for me to make two mistakes

No problem, let me know. Coming home from winter in Mexico this Saturday. (You wouldn't know about getting away from snow!!!)
Best of luck. Delrin machines very nicely.

McMaster is good and their shipping is reasonable usually under $10 for me and I get the stuff the next day. I also like Hobby Metal kits. I got most of my brass for my Stirling 60s from them. Shipping was $10 for USPS Priority box. If your total order fits in a single Priority box that's all they have ever charged me. If I needed some, I would most likely buy from them and also pick up some additional material that I felt would be good to have on hand for future projects. You'll see the shipping charge prior to payment. McMaster will NOT should a charge and you'll only see it on the invoice they send, but I have heard you can ask them for a quote before ordering.

Ted

Guys I have a reeves drive system on my lathe and the relain bushing on middle pulley disk(?) is wore out.

I've had little luck making accurate cuts in plastics, but you can buy a good selection of polymer bushings from
the usual suspects. Igus is one big outfit making the things (but maybe mainly metric sizes). Learning is good,
but buying things also works.

I used to buy all my delrin/acetal from Enco, it was pretty cheap & always on sale. Now I buy it from MSC. Mcmaster is great & I love them but surprisingly it's cheaper at MSC. That last piece I bought was a 2" x 1ft rod. $19.82 at MSC, $23.77 at Mcmaster. I have a local MSC so I save on shipping but orders over $50 is free shipping.

Back