Leaves an amazing finish, and the attachments really make it a versatile machine. I'm on the lookout for a larger version, I really like the idea of setting it up for surfacing and being able to pretty much walk away and be working on something else while it does it's thing. Great score Mike. Cheers, Mike
Thanks Mike,
i love this little shaper- it's a stress reducer to her her run! :grin:

You really had to post that didn't you. Over the last couple of weeks I think I have developed a need to own a shaper and the video didn't help! Now I want one even more.
Hi tweinke,
i assure you, they are very cool to have in the shop

get a shaper , and be one of us.... :congratulate:

Thanks Mike,
i love this little shaper- it's a stress reducer to her her run! :grin:

Hi tweinke,
i assure you, they are very cool to have in the shop

get a shaper , and be one of us.... :congratulate:
Just you go back to machining those spacers and stop tempting those of us who are completely out of floor space for such a toy machine...

here is the latest installment of the Ammco Shaper!
i ground a rounded tool from a piece of Antique HSS for use on some aluminum motor supports

Enjoy!!!

thanks for watching!
Evening. You should be advancing your table on the back stroke not forward. Line your arrows up and move the eccentric to the other end of the slot and it will reverse the advancement of the feed to the back stroke. This needs to be done each time the feed direction is changed.

Just received my AMMCO 7" this week. Best of times.

Dengar...

Not to be critical but, in the video, it looks like the table/vise are flexing quite a bit during the cuts. There's a table support shank and bracket that should be adjusted and knob tightened before starting the machine. Nice machine - they are very useful and fun to use.

John

Hi Ulma Doctor,

Could you post a few closeups and maybe some rough dimensions of the indexer and rotary tables?

Thanks,
Brian

Back