Delta DP-220 spindle pulley bearing

Wxm88

Registered
Registered
Cleaning up my drawer and found one backup dp-220 drill press pulley. The bearing is shot. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement bearing? I believe the part# is ND-88106. Thanks

Head down to a bearing supply place with the bearing. It can probably be cross referenced.

IIRC, the Delta 14" DP bearings are specialized. Most aren't generic. I think I had to find one with the correct OD and a larger ID and then fabricate the correct sleeve.

jack vines

You can order that bearing from Hammerscale Ind. for about $60. Make sure to measure YOUR machine to order the right sleeve size or you could run into problems getting the bearing to install & align the bolt hole correctly. Mine was slightly undersized and I wound up damaging the bottom of the bearing sleeve & stripping the threaded hole in the sleeve trying to get it installed correctly. After freezing the bearing to get it to slip into place it warmed rapidly in the garage & I had to drive it back out with a punch after trying to align the hole for the bolt, thinking I had it started & subsequently stripping the threads since it had warmed & expanded slightly it had turned into a press fit. At that point I got the calipers out & discovered the bearing sleeve to be roughly 0.001 too large for the hole (lesson learned). Again, measure YOUR machine first prior to ordering the bearing & include that spec with the order & Hammerscale Ind. will match the bearing to fit.

Back