Delta Rockwell 11" change gears

The gearing is compound. You will need the manual for the lathe to see the exact change gear setup needed. The data plate for the QC gearbox says that the "stud gear" needs to be 24 teeth. You have the quick change handles in the correct position. Get the change gear train correct and it should give you 13 TPI. Any bearing shop can purchase from Boston Gear. Lots of other businesses, too. You can call Boston Gear at 800-825-6544 and ask for the dealers in your area. There is also a dealer locator on their web site:
http://www.bostongear.com/distributor-locator

I have a set of 48 tooth gears coming. The manual shows the gear on the QC shaft should be 48.

Installed the gears from a man in Michigan. We can now cut threads. The gears were nice and not expensive.

Guys I know this is an old thread but I was told that the DP for the QCGB is 20 and all the other gears on the lathe is 14.5 Myself I don't know one way or the other.

Get with our member 100LL. I believe he has a 11" Rockwell Lathe. He might be able to help you on the DP used on your lathe. He's located on the west side of Houston, too. Ken

Pretty sure the outboard gears are DP 16. Not sure on the QCGB. Hadn’t thought of that. Going to difficult to measure as well. I’ll look in the parts breakdown.

Guys I know this is an old thread but I was told that the DP for the QCGB is 20 and all the other gears on the lathe is 14.5 Myself I don't know one way or the other.
There are manuals on Yahoo Delta/Rockwell group. Both 24 and 48 are standard stud gears and both are needed for full threading range, if you look at chart on gear box. 48 is needed for 4- 7 tpi and 48 for the rest.

Back