Delta Rockwell 21-100

Registered
Registered
Here's my milling machine. Kind of bare bones. Came with the Palmgren vise, coolant pump in the base, some R8 collets, a few flycutters and that's about it. Seems to be in decent shape. Table is clean, no holes or gouges (yes, I checked under the vice). The ways are good. It's got the original three phase motor, so I hooked up a VFD and remote machine controls. Great thing about it is it so small, so finding room for it was easy. It goes well with my Heavy 10 (also very small).
IMG_20151123_085610_394.jpgIMG_20151123_085543_284.jpg

Last edited:
Nice machine and a wonderful size. I have a Clausing of similar size and love it. I only wish that it had an R8 spindle like your Rockwell does.

Nice! I like it .Do you have some projects planned to put it through its paces?
Martin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's my milling machine. Kind of bare bones. Came with the Palmgren vise, coolant pump in the base, some R8 collets, a few flycutters and that's about it. Seems to be in decent shape. Table is clean, no holes or gouges (yes, I checked under the vice). The ways are good. It's got the original three phase motor, so I hooked up a VFD and remote machine controls. Great thing about it is it so small, so finding room for it was easy. It goes well with my Heavy 10 (also very small).
View attachment 127093View attachment 127092
Nice! I like it .Do you have some projects planned to put it through its paces?
Martin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Martin, No specific projects planned as yet. I'm still buying tooling for both the mill and the lathe. Being on a budget makes that a slow process.

Regards,

Jim

Nice machine and a wonderful size. I have a Clausing of similar size and love it. I only wish that it had an R8 spindle like your Rockwell does.

Hey Terry, The R8 spindle is nice in that whatever tooling I buy will work in a larger mill if things work out and I get one down the road.

Regards,

Jim

I look on with envy , nice mill I'm watching and waiting to find one near me. Good luck with it , you will spend lots of time find things to use with it. The assories ,rotary table ,dividing head and tons of cutters. It's like like owning a boat only it's in the shop , they eat money I think.

I look on with envy , nice mill I'm watching and waiting to find one near me. Good luck with it , you will spend lots of time find things to use with it. The assories ,rotary table ,dividing head and tons of cutters. It's like like owning a boat only it's in the shop , they eat money I think.
Thanks Bullet, I found this mill up near Lake George, surplus to a school district up there. About 6 hrs. round trip. I bought it at an online auction from Auctions International. I buy most things used, welders, tooling, etc., via online auctions. I recently took a road trip down to NJ to pick up a few welders and some stainless and aluminum rod. Another source for used machine tools, tooling, etc., is Bidspotters.com. I am not affiliated with these entities in any way, shape or form other then being a customer. I think that finding good items priced right its a case of beating the bushes hard, being patient, and for me, having some restraint when bidding on things.

I totally get the boat reference. I used to sail a Pearson 26. Bought it used, and fixed it up over time. I'm not certain I got my money back when I sold it but it was a lot of fun.

That's a really nice mill. I have one, and I really like it. I've added a Shooting Star DRO.

I'd love to add a powerfeed, but originals are rarer than hen's teeth, and from everything I've read, the aftermarket types take a good bit of alteration.

Enjoy your new mill!

Back