Delta Shaper Help With Inspection And Price

Ya I searched their site and only found a couple of publications.None of which haven't been posted here in better quality. I'm pretty sure the serial numbers differ from Ammco to Delta, so I'll keep trying to find something.

Thanks again

toolman.ar,

Sorry about the broken post! I think I may also build a copy of the cabinet. It's cool looking if nothing else.
Mine has the original light but no accessories except the vise. Also no war tag either.
The serial number looks to be SH1 233312 but maybe the one is a well formed scratch? All the serial numbers I've seen have only 6 digits so maybe it's older than yours?
It doesn't matter, I can't wait to start using it. The PO did a complete rebuild including a new bull gear, I just wish I knew where he bought it!

George

Please add pictures of your machine.

Or start a new post and tell the story. I think it is fun to find and learn about these and other types of machines.

toolman.ar

I'll try and find time to get some pics. I haven't even unloaded it off the trailer yet, it's pouring down rain right now. With it well tarped and the trailer under cover I think it will have to wait a bit. After the holiday I will be free for about three weeks so should be time.

I found a set of two books that I had picked up a couple of years ago; "Machine Tool Operation Part II" is about drilling, planing, milling and grinding. There is a huge chapter on shapers the operation, tool grinding and many things I've never seen covered any where else. The set I have is the second edition 1937 printing date. I bought these off ebay several years ago it's "Machine Tool Operation" by Henry D. Burghardt if you can find them they're a great resourse for all the machine tools in the shop.

If it's legal I could try and scan the chapter?

George

George,

Thank you for the reference material. I will get a copy.

I am not sure regarding the copy.

But sounds like a good source for info I will need.

We need rain in the worst kind of way. The weather man says we should have some on Wednesday.

toolman.ar

toolman.ar

I'll bet, you guys have been on fire this year! I live on the high desert in Oregon and we really had a mild summer I don't think it got over 95 or so. But we've already had some snow although it didn't last long.

If you can find this set of books they really are a good reference. I've learned something new every time I open one of them.

George

Usually all I have to do to get it to rain, is load a machine tool into my truck.

Almost everything I have got rained on while traveling home....

toolman.ar

Believe me I know how that is. This trip I got into snow going over the mountain near Crater Lake and the wind was blowing like mad but only a few drops of rain in Rogue Valley.

George

Regarding the legality of scanning part of the book that you have, it depends upon when the last edition was printed. For example, the Atlas MOLO, first printed in 1937, is still officially "in print" at the 33rd Edition. If you do decide to scan part of yours, PLEASE do not scan it in color unless it actually has color photographs.

wa5cab;

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to dig around and see if it was printed later than 1937. No color in this book it's also only about 3 x 5 inches in size.

George

Back