Destroying a "MYTH"

Thanks Bill, completely agree. I taught my guys that not only are there no stupid questions but that I will answer, tell or show them 57 times if need be. Some of them could hardly believe that I meant it. We obviously do not all grasp things the same way. I want my guys to know MORE than I do. If you want to feel good at the end of the day have someone say Thank You for teaching me that.

...We deal with rude and snide remarks quick and definitively. I can make them go away forever because they all know better...

And, I believe THAT is key to a successful forum. I've seen other forums deteriorate to the point that establishing pecking order is most important. In response, new members feel that they must first denegrate themselves before receiving assistance, hence the "stupid question" prefix.

I knew I'd like being a member here...

Hi Bill and all

I think that this is a matter of low self esteem and can only be cured in individuals by patience and education ,but to think it will go away is shooting for the moon .

Brian.

The only stupid answer is the one intentionally misleading. I mean even if a guy is 100% wrong in his answer, someone will correct both of you.

If the guy with the wrong answer never speaks, he may forever think the wrong answer is correct.

I have learned as much or more giving someone the wrong answer as I have giving right ones.

Better to look like a fool for a second then live like a fool for life

Hi Bill and all

I think that this is a matter of low self esteem and can only be cured in individuals by patience and education ,but to think it will go away is shooting for the moon .

Brian.

Finally the correct answer IMHO. Thank you Brian. It is exactly that. The newbie, not wanting to look as if he knows nothing, not wanting to get shot down, holds the question back waiting for someone else to ask. That is the main reason that this Forum is considered a level playing field. All are treated the same. This concept of the "Level Playing Field" is not new. It has been around for eons, just not used. We are breaking ground in our field by using the concept here. It however is hard for som to believe it is possible.

Let me reassure everyone that is a member, experienced or neophyte, you will all be treated with respect and as equals. All posts were good and answers on the money. The stories were awesome. Brian however found what I was eluding to.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, there are certainly stupid questions. The ones that are not asked.

Bill, there are certainly stupid questions. The ones that are not asked.

That is what this whole thread is about, the question not asked. They are not asked because the person asking thinks they are stupid. Get that MYTH out of their heads and all will be fine. Please read Brians' post then my answer. It is crystal clear.

Andre -- If a question is not asked it does not exist anywhere other that in the questors mind. Is it still a question?? Be careful, I am extremely good at "Symantics" :lmao:

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill,I put my ice cube tray into the fridge carelessly on a tilt. Now,my ice cubes all have slanted tops on them. What can I do? I'm very worried about this. Please help.

Place them in cold water, the problem will go away. Nice try. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: As a side note George, next time use hot water to make the ice cubes. Hot water freezes faster, the slant won't be noticeable.

"Billy G"

That was a quick catch,Bill!!!:):):)

I WAS going to try grinding their tops flat in the surface grinder,but for some reason,the magnetic chuck doesn't seem to hold them.

Back