Dial gauge holder

Your lock down conditions sound exactly the same as we are under in Washington state.
However, I'm surprised that you can't get raw stock (delivered).
I would expect that providing raw materials would be considered essential.
The metal supplier doesn't know what you're doing with the material.

Anyway, your indicator holder looks great (and even better with those brass screws).
I just got back from our local metal supply/fabricator. They are in full swing. I was able to place my order and pick up as usual.

Many of our engineering suppliers do have a delivery service but only to essential industries. We have an approval process here whereby a business can apply to be registered as an essential service - obviously we still need businesses like electricians and plumbers and medical suppliers to maintain some degree of service.
Being a weekend machinist means I don't qualify.

I doubt we will be back to business as usual before the END of May but I'm a business consultant and can work from home so I'm not in any rush to get back to the on site business.

Not being able to get engineering supplies was interesting making this holder. I really needed a 12.5mm reamer and thought I'd have to wait a couple of weeks but then, brainwave, was able to set-up and use the boring head with a small bar to bore out to 12.5mm. As they say., where there's a will there's a way.

Our Covid19 cases are dropping now each day

That is fantastic! :clapping:
I don't believe anywhere in North America is close to that inflection point yet.

Stay well everyone!
-brino

Many of our engineering suppliers do have a delivery service but only to essential industries. We have an approval process here whereby a business can apply to be registered as an essential service - obviously we still need businesses like electricians and plumbers and medical suppliers to maintain some degree of service.
Being a weekend machinist means I don't qualify.

I doubt we will be back to business as usual before the END of May but I'm a business consultant and can work from home so I'm not in any rush to get back to the on site business.

Not being able to get engineering supplies was interesting making this holder. I really needed a 12.5mm reamer and thought I'd have to wait a couple of weeks but then, brainwave, was able to set-up and use the boring head with a small bar to bore out to 12.5mm. As they say., where there's a will there's a way.

In the USA, AFAIK and for me for certain, McMaster-Carr, MSC and other major industrial suppliers (all sell raw stock too) are still using UPS/FEDEX with, perhaps, minor delays due to virus related priorities, procedures and personnel shortages. The Post Office is operating as usual and I've had a number of eBay purchases delivered in the last week (including some raw stock).

On the other hand, Amazon may have slowed down. I placed an order, online, last night and Amazon quoted 3 weeks delivery for IN STOCK items.
I'm a Prime subscriber (@$119 per year for free unlimited 2 day shipping (or better)) and will be keeping track of Amazon's behavior.

Back