[Metrology] Dial Test Indicator

DavidR8

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Arrived home to find a dial test indicator on my doorstep :)
e3f72001d8fd0d09eeebdd659e4f43cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I don’t have any Accusize tools but I think they’re supposed to be pretty decent. Got a stand for it coming as well?

-frank

Nice. I don’t have any Accusize tools but I think they’re supposed to be pretty decent. Got a stand for it coming as well?

-frank
I have a mag base for an Accusize dial indicator already. I was sufficiently impressed by the dial indicator that I went for their DTI also. :)

-frank

I don't own any Accusize measuring tools either, I always just thought they were another company that rebrands import stuff but also heard they were decent. I do have a rotabroach arbor from them that I use on the lathe which is not bad. I hear they are a Canadian based company?

Another brand I hear that offers decent affordable measuring tools is Insize. They cost a bit more than Accusize though.

I have a mag base for an Accusize dial indicator already. I was sufficiently impressed by the dial indicator that I went for their DTI also. :)
Turns out the DTI won't fit my mag base.

I think I'll make an adapter for the 5/32" dovetail fitting on the DTI to the mag base.

One quick question for you good folks.
In the box is a small disc, maybe 1/2" in diameter with two small notches, 180 degrees from each other. The disc is in the picture at the beginning of this thread.
I have no idea what this is for and there's no paperwork with the device.

Last edited:
Turns out the DYI won't fit my mag base.

I think I'll make an adapter for the 5/32" dovetail fitting on the DTI to the mag base.

One quick question for you good folks.
In the box is a small disc, maybe 1/2" in diameter with two small notches, 180 degrees from each other. The disc is in the picture at the beginning of this thread.
I have no idea what this is for and there's no paperwork with the device.

Its a wrench to take the stylus off.

Back