Dimensions of Powermatic Millrite MVN

Danf

Registered
Registered
Hi,

I am considering a Powermatic Millrite MVN mill, but do not know if it will fit in the available space. Would a MVN owner be willing to share the dimensions? I believe that the weight is ~1200 lbs.

Thanks!
Dan

Dan,

I have a Burke Millrite that is basically the same as the Powermatic.

Dimensions are:

Base: 30" W X 32" deep
Overall: 54" wide, 46" deep, 73" tall

I have had mine for about twelve years, it has served me well, doesn't have some of the options that a Bridgeport does, but it does everything I have needed to do.

Thanks! I had read that the Millrights are scaled down Bridgeports, but they certainly are still substantial.

Don't box yourself in, you need some room around your machine to work and for table travel. That's a nice size machine for a home shop. I hope it works out for you.

Don't box yourself in, you need some room around your machine to work and for table travel. That's a nice size machine for a home shop. I hope it works out for you.

I do like the Millrite, but I have decided to go with a smaller machine owned by a coworker, a Clausing 8530. (He has a giant space and a Bridgeport.) The Clausing is easier to move and fits my space better. I had been worried about the Morse taper #2 spindle, but I see that a lot of tooling is available. Thanks for the comments and advice.

Have to ask ... where is the MVN at? Out in New England?

I'd probably give you a kiss, if you told me it was in Michigan.:happyhappy:

Yes it does sound like a very nice package. If it wasn't 14hrs away ... I think I'd be trying to deal. I'm surprised it has been listed for 5 days.

Back