Re-Opened Disabling the "Let's Take a Peek Into Our Members' Photo Albums" feature?

cwilliamrose

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I know I'm new here but there's one irritation that I would love to disable if it is possible.

The "Let's Take a Peek Into Our Members' Photo Albums" frame that is visible on the right side of the screen sometimes is not something I want and is in fact very distracting when I'm trying to read. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this but if there was some way to disable this feature or maybe even the entire right side panel (which should enlarge the message reading area) I'd like to know how to do that. I looked under Preferences in my user CP and didn't seeing anything to help me.

Thanks!

I found a work-around. I blocked the two frames for that feature with my ad blocker and the listing screens are indeed wider now. I would rather just turn that off but this method seems to work OK.

Upvote 0
I only see that on the home page and only at the top of the window? Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?
Robert

Upvote 0
I wish I could Robert but the right side area where I was seeing it when I posted this doesn't show it now. I had used my ad blocker to kill the frame and I turned that off to get a screen shot but it's gone now. I was seeing it on the forum (and sub-forum??) listing pages but now it's only at the top of the home page where I never go. I'll leave my ad blocker off on this web site and see if the issue returns -- for now it seems to be resolved. Thanks.........Bill

Upvote 0
Here you go Robert, this came up on the conversation page;

1634054512571.png

Upvote 0
Yep. I have that on my "conversations" pages, but only in that forum.
Robert

Upvote 0
I've disabled this feature on the Conversation page. You can disable your ad blocker and test it out.

Upvote 0
Thanks, it looks to be gone so my ad blocker can stay off again........

Upvote 0
Thanks, it looks to be gone so my ad blocker can stay off again........
Donating members should not be seeing any ads by the way.

EDIT: meaning you shouldn't need ad blocker anyway.

Upvote 0
Agreed, I have seen no ads. I was using it to kill the the frame with the motion. I often use it to kill animated GIF images too. I hate trying to read with that type of stuff on the same screen.

Upvote 0
Back