[How do I?] Disassembly of dumore TP spindle

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
Last week I got a killer surprise on a auction listing I won. A cabinet I won was filled with dumore spindles of different lengths, the dumore TP box with all the pulleys and accessories, and bunch of varies wheels, but no motor and frame Assy. I have a perfect donor motor and I will have to fabricate the mount for it and the spindle mount. Shouldn't be a problem just another project.
image.jpeg

All the spindles feel good except one. The housing was double stamped for some reason one stamp says type B other is type TE. From what I can tell this is a no.5 tool post grinder? On one of the other spindles each end of the housing has a cap with spanner holes for removal. This spindle in question has the pulley side cap with spanner holes and the wheel end has nothing on the cap for removal? The cap spins with the spindle shaft. I tried making a two piece puller that strattled the lip on the cap and lightly pressing on the spindle and it tightened up the spindle to where it is harder to spin so that's a no go. I've tried researching the spindle with really no good results. It appears the outer spindle tube might be two pieces I had seen a picture on PM of a guy that disassembled one and it looked like it separates but I can't see a obvious place where it splits and don't what to fubar the spindle. Here's a pic of where I think it splits but I need to be able to get the wheel side cap off befor that can happen.
image.jpeg
Here's the spindle with the double stamp
image.jpeg
The pulley end with the cap I was able to remove which exposes one bearing
image.jpeg
The wheel end which the cap spins with the shaft and with me lightly tapping has moved the cap to where it's rubbing on the outer housing causing tthe spindle to not spin freely. It also appears that the shaft has a arbor in the end of it which doesn't have any provisions to be removed. The other one of the spindles had flats to remove ID grinding arbors but this one doesn't any thought?image.jpeg
My goal is to get this spindle disassembled cleaned up, oiled, and hopefully be good again? Any body disassembled one of these spindles that can give me some advice on getting this cap off?

Back