Discount metals supplier?

markba633csi

Mark Silva
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Some time back someone mentioned an online vendor who sold metals assortments for very reasonable prices- does anyone remember them?
Mark

Online Metal. Make sure you look up a code. They are very generous giving them out.

There is a vendor on eBay I use for Aluminum & Brass "6061dude" AKA "Stoner Tools & Raw Materials" his prices are fair and he usually has a good assortment of stock.

Hobby Metal Kits are Stoner Metals (both above) are the most reasonable. Online Metals has grab-bags that aren't too bad.

Online Metal. Make sure you look up a code. They are very generous giving them out.
+1

I placed 20-ish orders this past year, each time with a 20% off coupon. Mainly Aluminum and stainless. Great customer service as well (in my experience).

For titanium I like to use TMS.

Online metals also has something they call a protobox. You can pickup random drops of either aluminium, brass or steel in 5lbs, 10lbs or 20 lbs
It is all luck of the draw, this was 20lbs of brass I purchased a few weeks back20190419_153400.jpg

I recently placed a order for a piece of 4" OD 6061 aluminum at Xometry.com
I couldn't find a better price anywhere, Very fast shipping and I even got a follow-up phone call!

There is a vendor on eBay I use for Aluminum & Brass "6061dude" AKA "Stoner Tools & Raw Materials" his prices are fair and he usually has a good assortment of stock.

+1 I recently placed an order with 6061dude as well. No problems and the price was right.

I almost always check eBay first when I'm looking for material.

I recently placed a order for a piece of 4" OD 6061 aluminum at Xometry.com
I couldn't find a better price anywhere, Very fast shipping and I even got a follow-up phone call!

Wow, they do have good prices. Thanks for sharing that.

Back