Discount metals supplier?

I do buy some online but it’s mostly aluminum and it’s is for a specific project. I’ve purchased some Brass stock off of FB machinist forum from a gentleman in Wisconsin who sells boxes of brass drops from machining. The majority of my material comes from old fashioned scrounging. I’ve picked up bar bell handles at auctions for the steel I the handle, see a bar of steel at the flea market and pick up for low cost. Never had much luck at scrap yards, but the Metal Supermarkets in Charlotte lets us go through their scrap bins and I’ve gotten some buys like that. A friend gave me a shaft out of a thread mill that was hardened and I threw it in a fire pit and annealed it.

We have Metal Supermarket near buy also another supplier who caters to race teams who will sell small lot stuff. If I need a specific piece of stock I’ll call the before I order material because I can get it at the same cost or less than online orders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old thread, I know. But I found a new supplier that might be of interest to you guys. They are local to me but they have a website (and an eBay store) and they ship. I have only made one purchase so far (some aluminum sheet) but Their prices seem very reasonable and they do smaller pieces.

teledan,
Thanks for the suggestion. I am searching throught the eBay Store you suggested.

Back