distance from bed to motor mount

Calixt0

Registered
Registered
So I've got things taken apart and things are looking good. I can't wait to show you all this work. I'm rebuilding the bench that it came on as well. The way its currently set up the pulleys are not able to get very tight due to the motor housing bottoming out on the bench. so as I rebuild is there a proper spacing between the bed and the motor mount?

Thanks for the help guys.

I don't know (or recall) what model lathe you have, but I looked in the setup and installation sections of several and none seem to give any dimensions for location of either the countershaft bracket (if it isn't attached to the bed) or the motor base. All that I can suggest is that if you can't mount the bed, countershaft and motor such that the motor hang off of the back of the bench, shorten the motor belt .

sorry I neglected to inform you all of what I have.. the tag on it says 84TLC-2130. My understanding its a 10x24 made by logan for wards.. other than that I have little to now additional information!

OK. We do not have any actual Wards manuals in DOWNLOADS. If you post a photo or two of the lathe and also say the size, perhaps someone can ID the equivalent or near-equivalent Logan series for which we might have a parts and/or operations manual. In the Logan & Wards Catalogs & Specifications sub-folder we do have some Wards catalogs plus a compilation of 2 and 3 page spec sheets on Logan models from 200 through 955.

Only picture I have right now is this one.. I will have more pictures as things progress

lathe.jpg

OK. I think that someone earlier ID'd the equivalent Logan but I don't want to say what I think they said for fear of sending you off on a wild goose chase. In any case, I think we had the Logan manual. Whether it contains any installation dimensions or not is another question. Most of the Logan manuals obviously assume that you are installing on the factory supplied floor stand or cabinet, with pre-drilled holes. Your cabinet isn't factory. So my only other suggestion is still to shorten the motor belt.

the information if found on logan's website doesn't indicate an equivalent and mentions it as a bench model .. I'm thinking about buying the parts instruction manual from logan

Some pictures would be helpful here: the countershaft/motor setup for the Wards machines is different than the Logans. The parts manual should give you the belt length required, or at least
mine does. Of course, a call to Logan would get the same information. By the way, buying the instruction/parts manual is worthwhile.

I've emailed logan and they recommend the 39" flat belt.. and the manual for models 2130/2136...

ok so I bought the manual.. how do I go about sharing it in the downloads section?

Back