Dividing head

chatter chatter cut cut

Registered
Registered
I bought a 120 tooth saw blade for cutting vinyl siding , cheap and with teeth that are vvvv . attaches to the internal expanding mandrill in the quill. made a spring loaded indexing pin. to fit tooth space.v . counted teeth and marked the blade for several divisions.now by using tool mount drill chuck can drill evenly spaced holes at a chosen diameter.

That gives a goodly number of divisions. Now watch for a 100 tooth version, to cover some of the differences like 5X. That has been a fairly common practice for a goodly number of years. It is a crude but surprisingly accurate device. Actually, 5 will go into 120. But there was one where the 100 tooth was necessary. I just can't remember what number.

Yeah, I can't count so pretty good these days. Thanx

I bought a 120 tooth saw blade for cutting vinyl siding , cheap and with teeth that are vvvv . attaches to the internal expanding mandrill in the quill. made a spring loaded indexing pin. to fit tooth space.v . counted teeth and marked the blade for several divisions.now by using tool mount drill chuck can drill evenly spaced holes at a chosen diameter.
Ahem....

Pictures my man, pictures...

(I find myself a bit interested!)

Also, make another indexing pin having 2 or 3 tooths in the space of one tooth for the love of vernier! Yes? YES!

you want pics well here they are please forgive the background mess. the index pin is ground to fit tooth . not visable in photo. got tired of counting teeth or there would be more divisions marked and ran out of colored markers.the expanding arbor is tapered at the point where it seats in the quill it seats solid and runs true.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO2s5co9dDJKROaqkr21SMgPLXflWo-NKIJxAQ
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO2s5co9dDJKROaqkr21SMgPLXflWo-NKIJxAQ
Thank you for that - the links have a 404 error.

I didn't get a 404 ... but without signing up, it won't let me see them :(

Me either and I don't want to sign up for pictures so just moved on
Aaron

Back