• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner DIY 5-C Collet CHuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for looking in M,.

Yeah the lathe is a little dirty but what can I say, it's meant to be used. LOL

I see some of the lathes in threads and I can't understand how they keep them looking so good. I clean mine after use and it still looks dirty. My hands get black,the lathe or mill gets black and the bench gets black. OH right. CAST IRON!!

Don't sell youself short. It's not that hard of a project. Just takes some thinking about and a good boring bar for the collet hole.

Ron

Ozzie,
That is definately a thing of beauty. Nice work and a great item to have for a lathe or mill. Thanks for a great write up of the project.
Bob

That looks so good now it's polished, although it does now have the effect of making the surrounding lathe look shabby! :lmao:

Just out of interest (it's too advanced a project for me at the moment), I searched for the article and found the original as a PDF straight away.
It's a description of how to build it and the drawings are included; so for anyone wanting to build one the plans are readily available.

M

Would you please find the link again and import it to this site. I have been unsuccessful in locating it.

"Billy G"

In PDF form it is public domain. It may be used by all; Thank you for taking the time to find it for us.

"Billy G" :))

Thanks for the Link, the plans print off nice in 11" x 17" size. Now the challange will be where to find the material and the time!

You're welcome guys.

Now the challenge will be to make one that looks as good as Ron's. :))

M

You're welcome guys.

Now the challenge will be to make one that looks as good as Ron's. :))

M[/QUOT

Nope, the challenge would be to make it look different than his and have it work the same. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G" :whistle::whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back