Diy Internal Threading Tool - Lathe.

I for one don't mind the 'dusting' off old posts. Reading through this thread I just learned two things that I hadn't seen before.

I mostly use Bokum form relieved internal threading tools; they are only sharpened on top, on a radial line, they last for many years in regular use and come in many diameter sizes; I find them on E Bay occasionally, they also make lead angle and flat bottom boring bars in a large range of sizes from tiny to quite large in both carbide and HSS.

Im just curious about it because id like to make a internal lathe tool from hss but will i be able to use that tool on all threads up to 1”. I was looking at insert style tools and i ended up being confused bc of the size of certain inserts.

Im just curious about it because id like to make a internal lathe tool from hss but will i be able to use that tool on all threads up to 1”. I was looking at insert style tools and i ended up being confused bc of the size of certain inserts.

I've got a couple of larger diameter taps that are mucked up.
Yet another item to put on the Shop's To-Do List. :grin:

Yea same ive got a few old taps from my grandfather that i thought i could clean but now ik what i can do with them

Back