DIY rotary welding table

nnam

Registered
Registered
This guy does this simple mod:

If it's me, I would make the pedal to control the speed. But maybe once the speed is figured out, a constant speed gives a better result that shaky foot.

This guy does this simple mod:

If it's me, I would make the pedal to control the speed. But maybe once the speed is figured out, a constant speed gives a better result that shaky foot.
It looks to me that the guy in the video modified the tig welders foot pedal so that it controls the rotational speed along with the power setting so that the speed changes as the foot position on the pedal changes. He fine tuned the speed control with the router speed controller and a hose clamp on the drill trigger and is not simply set at a set rpm output.

It looks to me that the guy in the video modified the tig welders foot pedal so that it controls the rotational speed along with the power setting so that the speed changes as the foot position on the pedal changes. He fine tuned the speed control with the router speed controller and a hose clamp on the drill trigger and is not simply set at a set rpm output.
I don't know if the foot control does anything to the drill other than turning it on. I also noticed he used the hose clamp to fine tune the speed using the drill's variable speed trigger.

I don't know if the foot control does anything to the drill other than turning it on. I also noticed he used the hose clamp to fine tune the speed using the drill's variable speed trigger.
If you watch the video very closely it looks like it starts out very slow but as the welder increases power to the weld the speed increases then as he comes to the end of his weld bead he decreases the power to the welder and the RT beings to move slower until its at its initial start speed...
At least thats what i can see in the video at the 3 min mark!

You have a very keen eye. I think it's due to speeding up of the video because his feeding hand was moving very fast too.
Since most of drill have regular AC, I don't know if the foot control would be able to regulate the frequency or not. If it's DC, then variable voltage would work. It would be nice though.

You have a very keen eye. I think it's due to speeding up of the video because his feeding hand was moving very fast too.
Since most of drill have regular AC, I don't know if the foot control would be able to regulate the frequency or not. If it's DC, then variable voltage would work. It would be nice though.
:/Its an optimylogical delusion , YUPP your eyes playing wid you mind. Lol

Lol i was paying so much attention to the chuck rotating and the weld lighting that i didnt see the guys hand start moving in fast forward! Of well, it would have been a very cool mod!

Back