DIY Traverse Gearbox 10F-11

That's a very nice job you've done there, you can be proud of that!

I made mine in ally a few years ago all on the lathe, slow work but well worth the effort.

Thanks! I'm really happy with the result and I always like the idea that I can use a machine to repair itself. Granted not everyone has a milling attachment for their lathe, but without a mill I was still able to make a new gearbox that will probably outlast the rest of the machine.

I will need the same repair sorry to say. I would love a copy of your drawing to start with.

I will need the same repair sorry to say. I would love a copy of your drawing to start with.
Not sure who you're asking, but I have attached Fusion360-generated drawings for gear case 10F-11. I created the Fusion model after I had built the gear case based on the hand-drawing referenced above, so these are "as-built" drawings.
1) A 3-D rendering
2) A 2-D drawing of the gear case without the bronze bushing
3) A 2-D drawing with the bushing shown
4) A 2-D drawing showing details of mounting tabs

HTH, Good luck and let us watch as you build!

Attachments

• 10F-11 Atlas Traverse Gear Case.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • 10F-11 Case Body ex Bushing.pdf
    161.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 10F-11 Case With Bushing Shown.pdf
    180.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 10F-11 Case Tab Hole Details.pdf
    153.4 KB · Views: 18
Thank you for the support. Do you also have the hand drawing or a link to it. I will post pictures soon of my lathe issue.

What is the gear C'bore diameter from the back? It is 0.387 deep but don't see a diameter.

Back