DIY wire saw designed to slice up a forklift

This is awesome. Please continue. Cut up a forklift. How about a pic of the forklift!
It's too dark for good pictures today but you can see old pictures here. It hasn't changed, hasn't moved an inch since those 2018 pictures.

thats not a good link

Works on Tapatalk. Maybe that’s one of the issues that pops up cookie issues?

Oh Tapatalk stripped out the URL:

Attachments

• 20180628_110151.jpg
    20180628_110151.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180628_080806.jpg
    20180628_080806.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180628_102350.jpg
    20180628_102350.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 17
it doesn't look that big. I thought you had a monster like Brian Bloc...
that's a big one. Can't you plasma cut your way through that?
Or OA cutting torch?

it doesn't look that big. I thought you had a monster like Brian Bloc...
that's a big one. Can't you plasma cut your way through that?
Or OA cutting torch?
If I had one of those I'd have to build the saw outside my shop because it wouldn't fit out the door! It doesn't need to be an Amazon to have thick hips. I will be cutting through places that are a foot thick.

No, I cant cut it with acetylene. I don't want to get into a debate about whether or not it theoretically could be cut with OA so notice I said that I can't. And I definitely cant plasma cut it.

This is so cool! I love your "jankiness" in order to test out a concept.

This thread has actually given me a potential new approach for a project at work that has been doggin' me for a while.
What's the project? (If you can discuss it)

This morning brings cast iron boogers from deep in the sinuses and I found black fuzz balls clinging to magnets all the way on the other end of the shop. I'm sure this was an awesome experience for all the electronics in the shop. I do not recommend doing this in an enclosed space. Might be ok if you have some coolant flowing to trap the dust. I might do that.

Here's a video I just uploaded. This footage was shot prior to the pictures I posted yesterday. I am working on the video of the cutting, but this is what I have for now:

so watching your video, its clear to me that you didn't build it heavy enough to dampen things. The more weight you get in, and the more rigidity the less CHANCE of vibration, even with an out of true pulley. One feeds the other.

Can you clamp some heavy angles onto the unistrut and add any more damping along the bar.

I also wonder how rigid those wheels are also. if they are flexing under load.

How many ball bearings are in each sheave ? 2 I hope

Back