DM860T input voltage

shooter123456

Registered
Registered
I got a new stepper driver and I am now seeing some conflicting information about input voltage.

From the online manual, it can take 18-80 VAC or 30-110 VDC. Info on that here: https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/download/DM860T.pdf

From the manual that came with the driver, it takes 18-80 VDC or 36-110 VAC, which is flipped.

6XlSKv5.jpg

So the question is, which one is right? If it actually takes 18-80 VAC, peak voltage would be about 112 volts (peak = RMS * sqrt(2)), which makes sense. But then most residential AC supply voltage is 110V, and the DM860I, which is the same drive without the ability to take AC input, takes 20-80 VDC input. Why would they make the same one that uses a non standard AC input voltage, that is the same as its DC input voltage?

Not sure which one to trust, im hoping someone has used them before and can tell me what worked for them.

Call the supplier, or manufacturer
Get the right answer,,,,,,,not somebody best guess
I have contacted them, but they are closed until the 23rd for the Chinese new year. I was hoping someone else here might have used them before.

I have contacted them, but they are closed until the 23rd for the Chinese new year. I was hoping someone else here might have used them before.
Ha,,,,,,,it's never easy,
I would follow the manual that came with the machine, just check any serial numbers or product information to ensure it is the correct one........... What the worst that can happen?
A big flash, a puff of smoke and you have an amusing story for the bar

The online manual appears to be wrong. 110 volt ac (which is usually specified average not peak to peak which would be about 160v) rectified would be about 80 volt dc filtered
The drive obviously has an internal bridge rectifier so you can input a higher ac or a lower dc value. That's how I see it but you should verify.
Mark

In Asia, 110V, 50 Hz is the norm, in North America, 120 V ( and normally a bit higher), 60 Hz is the norm. 60-100 VDC is common in CNC equipment.

The easy way would be to use a 240/120 power transformer and feed the 240V side with 120V, that will give you a 60 VAC output, or about 85VDC internal in the drive.

No when you rectifiy ac you are effectively dividing it in half (roughly) in terms of the peak to peak values so the dc value will always be less
Mark

Ha,,,,,,,it's never easy,
I would follow the manual that came with the machine, just check any serial numbers or product information to ensure it is the correct one........... What the worst that can happen?
A big flash, a puff of smoke and you have an amusing story for the bar
It never is... It was purchased from Amazon, so if I get the puff of smoke, I can return it as defective since the manual specifies it can handle 110 VAC. Thank you for your input.

The online manual appears to be wrong. 110 volt ac (which is usually specified average not peak to peak which would be about 160v) rectified would be about 80 volt dc filtered
The drive obviously has an internal bridge rectifier so you can input a higher ac or a lower dc value. That's how I see it but you should verify.
Mark
Thank you. I thought it made more sense for the 110v to be AC, and the manual says the mosfets can handle 160v. Its looking more and more like the printed manual I received is correct.

Back