Do I need a surface grinder?

Thanks for the advice. I dont think I'll be able to do it before we try and get the grinder. We are headed out tomorrow morning to pick it up. I did stop by today though and try to get measurements and a sense of attack angle. Tried out the toe jack and it worked like a champ.

With any luck, it will be back in my shop tomorrow morning. The only concern is the Harbor Freight pallet jack. Its technically rated for 5,000lbs. Im hoping the surface grinder without the coolant tank and pump is closer to 4700.

Well...its home. Everything went great. Pallet jack was more than enough to move it. Made a mini custom pallet to set it on

Ended up paying $350 for it. I put in an offer on their Cincinnati Monoset grinder. They only have a couple collets which really worries me. We will see if they accept the offer or not.

Congrats on the successful move. Great addition to a very nice space you have there. Cheers, Mike

congrats on the great find! and on the move!

That is a very nice machine. Hope is has no major problems. Even at that it is still worth the money you paid for it. When you get it humming again, it will turn out beautiful work.

How did you end up getting it back home??
The toe jack jacked it up to get 4x4s under the corners. Slid the pallet jack in to find the best center we could (pallet jack is 27" wide, the grinder is 36" deep). Jacked it up. Swapped out the 4x4 blocks to the 4x4s with 1x4s in the pics and made the "pallet". Loaded it up on the hydraulic drop trailer with the pallet jack.

Here is a pic of the mighty golf cart with the trailer we rented.

The Cincinnati also came home today. Now I need to find collets.

Back