Do they make a Bridgeport repair book

Jakedaawg

Registered
Registered
So, got what I hope was too good of a deal to pass up. 2 Bridgeport with I believe the 2j heads. They look pretty similiar. The guy who turned me onto them says with my skills I ought to be able to make one out of two or add some cash and have one to sell. 1st step is unloading but I wonder if there is a good renovation type book someone wrote? Got a link?20190807_155956-2268x3024.jpg20190807_155934-2268x3024.jpg20190807_155915-2268x3024.jpg

I guess I need to find my forklift...its in the backroom buried under stuff, haven't needed it in a year or two;)

Nice find! :encourage: At least they look pretty clean, may mean they were well maintained.

Don't know of any ''How to Fix Your Bridgeport'' books.

Where these by chance for sale on the Detroit area craigslist for something like $800 or something like that?

Here's the one you want for the vari-speed head:

The one posted above by ttabbal is for the step pulley head.

I purchased the 2J book when I got my Bridgeport and it was a nice help.

Ted

Also, see the H&W videos. They are fantastic!

I also suggest them for a source for replacement parts. They accept calls and answer questions if you get stuck as well. Great place!

Ted

Hi Jake,

You're not too far from me. If I were you I would try to get both working, there are plenty of Bridgeport parts out there and what we need as hobby machinists often isn't the same as production shops need. Drop me a line if you want a hand with anything.

John

Back