Do they make a Bridgeport repair book

Hi Jake,

You're not too far from me. If I were you I would try to get both working, there are plenty of Bridgeport parts out there and what we need as hobby machinists often isn't the same as production shops need. Drop me a line if you want a hand with anything.

John
That's awful kind of you, I'll keep it mind. How close are ya? Have you done one of these before?

Itll be a winter project for me...I have a couple hundred boats to winterize and wrap before I can dedicate the floorspace to working on these. Just life in a full service marine shop. But, it's a heated shop and plenty of time from December to may.

Hi Jake,

I'm in Elk Rapids, on the other side of the bays from you. Also used to run a marine service business and maintain my ABYC credentials.

No real experience in rebuilding Bridgeports but I've done my lathe and a bunch of smaller tools as well as my CNC Mill Drill project. I know about the long winters though!!!!

John

That's awesome, small world. Hard to fathom that folks all over the world are in here and someone just a little ways away.

Also, see the H&W videos. They are fantastic!

I also suggest them for a source for replacement parts. They accept calls and answer questions if you get stuck as well. Great place!

Ted

They also sell repair manuals for Bridgeports in the step pulley as well as the variable head version. They are concise and well photographically illustrated in a step-by-step manner.

Back