Do you guys know BlondiHacks, Joe Pieczynski, Abom 79 ???

I agree. I can't get enough of his video's. I'm going back and re-watching a bunch of them now that I've seen them all. I'm finding a lot of stuff that went over my head the first time around just because I was so new.
This is funny to me because it's exactly where I am right now.

Oh, and don't forget Suburban Tool.

Edit... I see that Cooter got that one.

Ya know, my 'Wanna-Do' list would be a lot shorter if it weren't for Youtube.
Of course I'd also have not been able to solve a lot of situations without it.

The images below are cobbled together from ToT's 'Shoot'n The Poop #1 - End Mill Grinding Fixture' Dated Feb 5, 2016
All © belongs to ToT.
I snagged these from the opening frames of the video, it scrolls by really fast.

ToT_Creators01.jpg...ToT_Creators02.jpg

Watching Chris worked is pure joy. I wish I had that patience and touch.
The way that he 'hand files' pieces is just amazing. And his layout skills are bar-none.
I've picked up on that he's a technical/shop instructor. Not 100% sure on that though.

The only problem with that is making my best work look like a toddler made it. He's a master craftsman and makes beautiful stuff. And his videos are very well produced. If I have a man card, that dude deserves a billboard. :)

The only problem with that is making my best work look like a toddler made it. He's a master craftsman and makes beautiful stuff. And his videos are very well produced. If I have a man card, that dude deserves a billboard. :)

To make it worse the guy is not even a clockmaker or machinist or jewler by trade. Not even a videographer. And he uses a Chinese Sieg mini lathe & mini mill! Well he does have a Sherline too. That guy's workmanship & passion is absolutely amazing!

I've seen just about all of those previously mentioned and subscribe to a few. I would just add Halligan142 for machining techniques and Frank Hoose for those looking for reviews of and introductions to mini machines.

Tom

Here's one who hasn't been mentioned yet. Rolingmetal

He's a Dutch guy with a wicked-dry sense of humor. He has outdated equipment, uses questionable methods, and makes lots of mistakes. But he is honest about it.

He also provides his candid opinion when reviewing products that are given to him for free.

Very Entertaining, in my opinion.

I'll add a plug for aother Canadian:

Down to earth, good presentation, very good work.

Craig

Back