Do you guys know BlondiHacks, Joe Pieczynski, Abom 79 ???

As one of those sheer beginners, I've found tubalcain, Blondihacks, and Tony to be the best for practice, and it does take seeing a group of them to sort out the different points of view. The others are great, although Abom's constant pushing of brands is a little annoying, and Oxtool's verbal tics are truly annoying. Joe Pie's work is truly educational, but he makes too much hard stuff look too easy for me at this point, although I do learn a lot. Clickspring, as said above, is nothing short of amazing. Winky's stuff is also great for me, since he works on a Logan 820 he restored (which is what I have) and he's very interesting in a low-cost/high creativity manner. He has become a friend. Start with Blondihack's lathe series. Hugely approachable.
Tim

Blondi is very sharp and creative. Lately I've been watching this guy in Europe fix electronic stuff on Youtube- his name is Sorin and the channel is "electronics repair school" interesting guy
MS

Try Ox tool Co....He has about 125 videos on youtube. Good machinist.

NYCCNC is an amazing channel. I recommend going back 4 years and starting there. John was a Taig guy that has just exploded his business into a full blown machine shop. He covers a lot of 5 axis stuff these days.

Try Clough 42. A very clever guy with his Electronic Lead Screw and a bunch of other very nice projects. Combines machining with electronics and 3D printing/design

The issue that I have with the You Tube experts are those who make mistakes but don't correct them. If I am watching one of these experts and catch a error about something that I have knowledge of, how can I trust any information presented about subjects that I know little or nothing about?

There is one revered old gent for which that is the case and it is the reason that I very seldom watch any of his videos. There are other presenters who make mistakes but are quick to own up to them. These are individuals that I feel I can trust to give me the straight scoop.

That said, there is a ton of useful information floating around the internet. Each presenter has his or her own style that makes for interesting, informative, or entertaining viewing.

Personally, I like Joe Pieczynski for his no nonsense solutions to machining problems. I like Kieth Fenner for his git 'er done approach some pretty hair repairs. To his credit, he has also taken on learning new skills like Fusion 360. Tom Lipton is the professorial guy that does a great job explaining the technical aspect. John Saunders excels in his enthusiasm and the quest for learning new techniques and then sharing with his viewers. This Old Tony is just plain entertaining as he presents his various subjects.

As has been state above, Clickspring does amazing work with a minimum of tools. He is a true artisan. Stefan Gotteswinter is another presenter whose work I respect.

I just started watching BlondiHacks and have to say I was impressed. She makes mistakes but she corrects them, making sure that the viewers know not to make the same mistake. Her general knowledge appears to be above average.

For a slightly off topic site, there is SV Seeker, an ongoing saga of Doug Jackson's quest to build an ocean going 75' steel sailing vessel patterned after a Chinese junk work boat in Tulsa Oklahoma. The later episodes are bit more philosophical but the early ones are chock full of his building techniques as he discovers ways to make that dream come true.

There are others, of course but the abive is a pretty impressive viewing list in my opinion.

For a slightly off topic site, there is SV Seeker, an ongoing saga of Doug Jackson's quest to build an ocean going 75' steel sailing vessel patterned after a Chinese junk work boat in Tulsa Oklahoma. The later episodes are bit more philosophical but the early ones are chock full of his building techniques as he discovers ways to make that dream come true.
I was following Doug until he faked the acetylene explosion. Unsubbed as soon as I found that out.

I was following Doug until he faked the acetylene explosion. Unsubbed as soon as I found that out.
T guess I hadn't seen that one. As the project morphed from a one man project with occasional help to a global community, I stopped watching on a regular basis.

Back