Do you use the Kurt DX6 Vise chip shield?

Oh, ok, who reads directions?
Yep, great vise. I love it.

My new DX6 didn't come with one. Is it an option?

My new DX6 didn't come with one. Is it an option?

It should have been in the box. It looks like a random piece of sheet metal. I almost tossed it thinking it was packing material or something. It could be easily lost in the packaging.

Agree on not finding it in the box at first... When I asked the helper he said he did not see one, we looked thru the packaging, we then found it. I got the same piece when I purchased the older better version of the vise, we don't use them but maybe we should.. Cutting them sounds like the plan of the day.

Picked up a DX6 recently, they're on sale everywhere right now. The chip shield was in between the carboard box and the cardboard that keeps the vise from moving around, with "Chip Shield" written in sharpie and arrow pointing to it. Maybe they've gotten some feedback about "missing" chip shields.

Well, "Booo," guess I threw mine out then. Probably something to do with having just lifted the 80-lb thing out of the box, and the box then seeming very empty in comparison (by weight).

Back in 2013 I got a new Kurt vise with the lead screw shield. I liked it. When the jaws are close to being closed, the shield protrudes a long way out on the back side. I really worried about it catching the rubber Y way cover during an X move. I asked if I could buy another and cut it off shorter. "Sure, Part number is HDM690-249 and they list for $11.00." Problem was minimum order was $25, and I didn't need three. So just made my own.

Ken

Back