DoALL 2013 Schematic missing

stevwil

Registered
Registered
I tried to buy a schematic for my DoALL 2013 460 VAC SN: 301-721-07 (They refunded me the $80.00)

DoALL only has one page of the schematic out of the three. No Longer available. The sent me Page 2 of 3 for free. (Attached) I still need 1 of 3 and 3 of 3 of drawing number 57001-3.

Anyone have the rest of the schematic? I am converting to 220 VAC 3 Phase and need the portion referring to the magnetic starter and step down transformer. I am only getting 68 VAC to the starter.

Attachments

• 2932_001.pdf
    159.7 KB · Views: 134
Can't help you with the schematic, but generally those control voltage transformers have a diagram on them that will tell you which taps you need to connect your incoming line voltage to. Some just have jumpers that need to be either removed or relocated. The heaters on your magnetic starter will also have to be replaced if they were originally sized for 460V as they will be too small (half the necessary current rating).
Ted

Can't help you with the schematic, but generally those control voltage transformers have a diagram on them that will tell you which taps you need to connect your incoming line voltage to. Some just have jumpers that need to be either removed or relocated. The heaters on your magnetic starter will also have to be replaced if they were originally sized for 460V as they will be too small (half the necessary current rating).
Ted
Thanks Talvare,
Normally the transformer does have a diagram, this one does not. Only H1,H2,H3 and H4 on the primary side. I tried tying the primary tap the same as you would expect. but it only threw a breaker. Measured the primary side and it seems to have a lopsided resistance. I can only assume the transformer is bad???
Took a 110 hot wire from the 220 VAC input and ran thru the switches and direct to the magnetic starter when the power button is armed and everything works as it should. Stop button switch also functions correctly.

The only function of the step down transformer is to supply voltage to the starter. The Blade welder is wired direct from the input 220VAC.

So, now on to finding a transformer. Should be easy to get a generic step down 220 to 110 VAC transformer with sufficient current for the starter.

Thanks for the input!

Normally the primary has two windings which are either wired in series for the high voltage or in parallel for the lower.
The two windings could be H1, H2 and H3, H4 or possibly H1, H3 and H2, H4. I have seen it done both ways
-Mark

Mark,

Thanks. Tried both ways. I am sure now that’s the transformer is bad. This saw and a few other items came out of a Halliburton auction. They did not get rid of their best equipment. All three items I purchased had or have problems. Most were small nuisance issues and the machines all are still extremely accurate. Spindles, Ways etc are all very good. Thanks for your feedback.

Back