Doall Dgp-24 Drill Press -worn Plastic Cam. West Epoxy? Jbweld?

Great! Another project to do.:eek:

Thanks for the link.!:)

The grey part done in a plastic broke as soon as I smacked it onto the shaft. I did put a heft on it. I knew I needed the nylon based cam.
Filiment #3: a type called alloy 910.
http://taulman3d.com/910-features.html

The cam printed great in this material. Finally installed and a wrap!
image.jpg

Yes it's called a milling machine and a rotary table. I doubt the cam made in the way that machine works will hold up very long. If it was made from brass it would last longer then the owner.

Ending this post- Done, finito, Happy camper! After the new nylon cam went in, it still did not work.
30 hours later - I pulled out most of the springs, pushrods, gears, and even more the Nylon push-rod parts. Yep- Even more plastic parts in the bowels of the gear changing setup. 3D printer to the rescue again! A worn heavily grooved dowel piece was .291 diameter by .75 tall in plastic. Nice to just print that in like 10mins.

Cleaned, greased, adjusted, loved..... Runs like a new machine. Now I cannot wait to make holes in somethings :)
If anyone ever picks up a DGP-24 unit, Ping me... Know em' inside and out now. Whew!

PS- enjoy the manual! I've attached it here.

Attachments

• D-136 DoAll Operation Adjust. Parts DG-24 DGP-24 Geared Head Drilling Manual (1).pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 1,891
I came looking for ideas on free CAD drawing software - Fusion360 - will investigate - just wanted to say - I don't own a 3D printer - and I can't see myself going that way anytime soon - but do admire the work you have done - I know that great feeling of making stuff work.

It opened right up for me. Just need a pdf reader installed.

Back