DoAll Height Gauge

Bob D

Registered
Registered
I purchased a few things from an auction a few days ago and this DoAll height gauge was in the lot of surface gauge type items that I bought. It is cast iron and is in very good condition, other than needing to be cleaned. I can't seem to find anything about it on the internet. Does anyone know the model number of this unit? It's ~18" tall. Thanks.

Attachments

• 0820210449.jpg
    0820210449.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I would not call that a height gage, as it is not graduated, but rather, a transfer stand, used for mounting a dial or test indicator for testing geometry of a part.

I would not call that a height gage, as it is not graduated, but rather, a transfer stand, used for mounting a dial or test indicator for testing geometry of a part.
Do you have any actual information on this item? Part number? Years manufactured?

Just a guess, but...DoAll was known for metalworking equipment, especially band saws. Perhaps they were rebadging metrology equipment from another manufacturer? Unfortunately I don't recognize your height gauge.

Maybe someone like Tom Lipton (Oxtools on Youtube) might know more?

Craig

Thanks Craig, that's a good idea. I might try Keith Rucker too. It seems like a nice peice of kit and at almost 11 pounds, it should be pretty stable.

Back