Doerr motor replacement.

Ripdog38

Registered
Registered
So my 645 has a Doerr 71308-A which is a 1ph/1hp 115/230. Motor runs great. Just got my garage wired for 230V and the motor has no diagram to rewire. I think I have it worked out but based off of other model # as the 71308 has no info online. I am also planning a VFD/motor upgrade down the road. The face is over 9" with a 7/8" shaft that is 2.5" long. These dimensions are not matching up with a 145TC or a 284TC, kind of a combination of both. Anyone have some insight?

What is the RPM of the motor at 60Hz? If you are resourceful with machining you could match any vaguely compatible motors to this machine. My Harig surface grinder had a 440v 3phase motor which I swamped to a pool pump motor for electrical conveance. My 1440 lathe had the motor burn out, so I swamped the obscure metric framed and shafted to an imperial NEMA motor shaft and mounts of the same electrical configuration.

1740RPM at 60, With a 9"+ BC, and many motors having a 5 7/8" or a 7 1/4" BC, I am sure I can make an adaptor plate.

Just bought a Harig 612 but waiting to pick it up with this shut down going on.

Motor face has a 9" bolt circle. the mill has a separate plate that joins the two so replacing the plate with one that fits a new motor wont be bad.

I finished rewiring the motor to 230v and rewiring the Drum switch which took a lot of trial and error.

Back