Does any body know where I might find a bull gear for a Logan 210

Justjoe

Registered
Registered
I'm in the process of restoring my Logan 210. My bullgear has 11 teeth missing. There are 4 gears on EBay but all have the 5/16 pin. My machine has the 3/8 pin. Ive thought about if I found a bullgear and the matching 3 steep pulley it might be just as easy to changing to the 5/16 pin. I understand Logan has the the gear available, but at $365 it out of my budget.
If you know of a bullgear with the 3/8 pin or a set bullgear and 3 step pulley it would very appreciated.
Or if you know, could i buy the 5/16 gear and bore the hole out to the 3/8. I didn't know if they used the same center.
Thanks

Don't know of anything available, but just wanted to mention in case you don't know, the Model 200 bull gear is the same part.
My parts list for the Model 200/210 shows the same part numbers for the plunger in the bull gear on both early and late
head stocks, (LA-345). Is that the part that you're talking about?

Joe:

I believe my donor spindle came from a model 210. It looks like the bull gear has all it's teeth and the pin is 3/8. I also have the back gear assembly, the eccentric shaft and the push/pull rack. The bull gear looks pretty clean, but the other parts have spray paint and some surface corrosion that will need cleaning up. The gear on the cone was broken - that must be what turned it into a donor.

If you have interest, send a PM with your e-mail, and I can send a few pics when I get a chance. I believe I also have some spare carriage parts, if you're looking for any of those.

TomKro

Thank you, for all the reply's
TomKro I've sent you a pm, I hope you got it

Do these look like Logan gears , if not any body have a clue what they might fit

23DC9C3C-811D-40AA-B9F7-E72013AEA02A.jpeg

Some of them maybe, the one on the lower right could be a bull gear for a logan 200 and some of the smaller gears maybe threading gears for the logan 200. But for the larger down the left and top row I couldn't tell ya.
I think I've found a bull gear, If it doesn't work out Ill reach out to ya to measure that possable bull gear to see if the one I'm looking for. Thanks

Back